How we helped a tennis club increase members by 45%
With new management team in place, Marlow Tennis Club wanted to revitalise the club experience, and also boost tennis participation and club membership.
To research tennis club member needs and requirements for sporting and tennis facilities. Also to devise growth strategies and plans to inform site development.
- Initial online member survey to assess missing facilities in the town of Marlow and reaction to existing facilities. Also to assess drivers and barriers to increasing sport and tennis participation, and reaction to new ideas.
- Development of facilities’ improvement options to improve the tennis playing experience and also boost participation.
- Consultation with members, other sport sections and also Marlow Sports Club trustees to shape facilities improvement recommendations.
- Benchmarking of Marlow Tennis Club vs. other LTA accredited tennis clubs to reveal growth issues and opportunities.
- Development and implementation of sports club marketing strategies and plans to promote to the local community.
Improved the club experience and ambience by improving courts, adding a new mini tennis zone, and also a vibrant event programme including tournaments and socials.
As a result, Marlow Tennis Club membership grew by 45% to over 350 in three years. It was also awarded Wycombe District Sports Club of the Year in 2016.
Anyone for tennis? Visit Marlow Tennis Club‘s website.
Back to marketing success stories.